Here is my daily create response for the 21st of May 2019. (#tdc2687)
This is my daily create response for the 20th of May 2019. (#tdc2686)
The main essential things that I carry with me are:
- Besides my cards and money, my set of keys are attached to my wallet, so that is important!
- Wherever I go I will always be listening to music, a set of earbuds is definitely a must-have.
- One of my pet peeves is having dry lips, it’s so uncomfortable! I make sure to have one with me at all times, maybe a second one that provides moisture and tint!
- There are times where I suddenly need to write something down, or sign a receipt. Whatever it might be, having a pen is quite handy.
- Glasses Wipe
- Because I wear glasses everyday, the lens catch dust and have smudges on them, so I like to clean it often, and using the wipes is better than using my shirt or something!
- Body Mist
- I love putting body mist on before heading out, but often times I forget, so I just toss it in my bag so I can spritz some on-the-go.
- Lotion/Hand Cream
- Going along with dry lips, I also hate dry hands or elbows. I’m not quite sure why I have four mini bottles in my bag, though… but the more the merrier!
- I keep a mini plastic fan with me to help me cool down in the summer heat.
- Emergency Poncho
- I recently put this in my bag because I attended an outdoor graduation ceremony and they were expecting rain, so the staff were handing these out. I thought it was a handy thing to keep in my bag, just in case!
This assignment was a great reminder to clean my everyday bag! After my bag was clean, I laid all of my belongings out on my table and propped up the bag behind everything. Then, I took the photo with my phone. For this picture, I made sure to have a background that was simple and not distracting. I placed each of the items in a certain layout, as well, to make it neat, instead of just a pile of clutter.
It took me some time to figure out what to take a photo of, because there are so many options! Once I decided on the object, I put the Zoom feature on the camera of my phone on high and snap the photo.
After reading the prompt for this speech bubble assignment, I immediately thought of this photo of me. I decided to make my speech bubble say “Did I really just dropped my croissant?” because I thought it was silly and fits with the sad expression I was making. In general, isn’t it always the worst when you drop your food?!
Once I picked the photo from my phone I transferred it to my computer and put it in a Word document. To make the speech bubble, I went to this site. I typed the saying and saved it as a PNG image instead of a GIF. Then, I opened it to the Word document and pasted the speech bubble on top of my photo. To do this I had to click “Bring Forward” on the Picture Format settings panel. Lastly, I decided to blur the name tag I originally had and pasted a sad face over it, just for laughs. Then, I saved the picture and done!
- Graduating college
- This is obviously part of my bucket list, as it would be such a great accomplishment to finish school and get my degree!
- Visiting Switzerland
- I once did a project on Switzerland for my French class in the 7th grade, and since then have always wanted to visit.
- Visiting Korea
- Korea is one of those countries that I would love to visit and tour around, I especially want to get a taste of the street food they have.
- Buying my dream home
- When I am older I hope to be financially stable and be able to buy a home for me and my family.
To create this collage, I saved four royalty free photos, from pexels.com, that fits the description of my bucket list. Then I used an app of my phone “Layout from Instagram” to create the collage. After saving the edit, I transferred the photo to another app called “Phonto”, to add the white text.
I am glad that this class required us students to make and/or use our websites. During my freshman year, I heard that students of UMW are able to create their own websites through the school for free! I was going to make my website, but never got around to it until now.
Even though it was time consuming, I had an easy time creating all of my social media accounts. I think that Flickr took the longest time to figure out. I was already familiar with Twitter and Youtube, mostly because I tweet and watch Youtube videos often. For SoundCloud, I thought the process of uploading the audio files to be more complicated than it was.
One thing I struggled through the week was keeping up with all of the passwords, like my old Yahoo! email that I used to create my Flickr account. Thankfully I found the password saved on a notebook!
Now that I have my own website, I find myself excited to write and post for the blog. I loved putting together the introduction post for my social media platforms. I plan to learn more about customizing my website as well as my other pages.
I had a fun time creating new accounts for these new social media platforms. At first I was confused while creating some of the accounts because I was not familiar with them except for a few.
For Twitter, I already had an account where I keep up with music artists and other celebrities. However last summer, I made a personal account that is used for school or to keep touch with friends. For right now, I am just using it for school.
I am certain that Youtube is my most-frequently visited website of all time. I am subscribed to so many channels and watch all kinds of Youtubers. Though apart from uploading an intro video for another online class that I took last summer, I have never made a video myself. I also realize that being in front of the camera makes me a bit more awkward than usual!
I always hear about SoundCloud from my musically-talented friends and other artists that I follow on Instagram and such. I go on it sometimes to check out songs that I friends made, but I never made my own account. I thought that SoundCloud is only for uploading music, but I have seen some social media influencers upload their podcasts. Here is a silly audio clip of me attempting to play the piano, enjoy!
Flickr is the one platform that I was completely unfamiliar with. I had no idea what it was, but I’m glad to find out that it’s a photo-sharing website! I love taking photos of food, and nature. I also love taking photos of my friends and family, especially when I visit new places or go on vacations! I can definitely see myself using it more often in the future.
So that’s all the new accounts and I cannot wait to familiarize myself with them more and make all sorts of new posts!